Monday, July 14, 2008

My First Blog Post! WaHoo!

After all of the pressure, I have decided to make myself a blog! I guess for my first posting I will talk a little bit about me and Trav. We have been married for almost a year and a half (time goes by SO fast when you are married!) and have loved every second of it! (At least I have... I should probably let Travis speak for himself!) We started out in Honeyville in a little 2 bedroom apartment but have since bought a house in Brigham City. We have totally re-done the inside of the house because we bought a fixer-upper, but are still working on the yard. In fact, at the moment the yard is totally gutted except for one tree-bush fort thing that Travis loved and a fire pit. Hopefully we will finish the yard before the summer is over so that next year we can have a garden. We have two labs, one chocolate and one yellow. Their names are Nelly (the chocolate) and Duke (the yellow). Nelly is a great bird-hunting dog and is almost 6 and Duke is just a puppy (only about 8 months old) but already about twice as big as Nelly. We are hoping that he will be as good a dog as Nelly! They are fun dogs, although Trav does a lot more with them than I do. I am working at a Law Office in Brigham City and loving it! There is a lot of stuff to learn and I feel like I am barely getting started, but it is always interesting and I work with some really great people! I feel very lucky to have found such a good job in Brigham City because there really aren't that many. Travis is going to school part-time and working full-time as a machinist. His dad owns a machine shop and Travis pretty much runs the machining side of things while his dad does the business part. He works and goes to school pretty much all day every day except the weekends, so we are always looking forward to the time we actually get to spend together. We both love the outdoors and spend a lot of our weekends camping. Travis and Tim (my brother-in-law---he married my sister Cathy) spend a lot of their free time fishing this time of year. I go with them occassionally, but spending all day on a fishing boat gets pretty boring after the first couple of hours. Although, Trav just got called into the Elders Qourum so that free time is going to be a lot more limited for the next little while. Anyway, that's us in a nutshell! We love Brigham City-- I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed here forever. We love having both of our families live so close and feel very lucky to have the family and friends that we have.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

The heavens have opened...Becca has a blog! And I like the subtle camo-ish dots as the background..or maybe I just think they are camo looking because its you and trav..hmm. Anyway, woo who!! Blog!

Andrea said...

becca...you have a blog! i'm so excited! it sounds like you and travis are keeping very busy---how fun that you get to go camping together :) are you getting excited for the new twilight book to come out? i think it's like august 2nd or 5th or something. i still think she should choose edward...
anyways, i hope you guys are doing good!

Amy said...

Ahh! I'm so excited that you have a blog! It sounds like you two are living the Life--a house and 2 dogs!! That's so exciting!