Friday, September 5, 2008

HUSBAND TAG!
















I figured since I haven't posted a blog in over a month and I was tagged in this Husband Tag thing, I should probably spend a little bit of time and do it! I like looking at other blogs, but when it comes to adding posts to my own I can't think of anything to write about that anyone else would want to read. So, I was actually kind of glad when Amy tagged me! It gave me a topic to write about! And it is one of my favorite topics! My husband is my best friend and I am so lucky to be able to be married to him. Anyway, here goes:

1- Where did you meet? Travis and I actually met in High School. Yes, we were high school sweethearts. We went to school together our sophomore, junior and senior years, but we never actually met until our senior year in Government class. The teacher based the seating chart by our last names and since my maiden name is Cardon and his last name is obviously Burton we sat next to each other. A couple weeks into the class, the teacher changed the seating chart because we talked too much and put us across the room from each other. It was pretty funny because whenever we got into trouble for talking he would always blame Travis because the teacher said I was too good of a kid to get into trouble and Travis was a troublemaker! Haha! I had a crush on Travis soon after I met him, but he liked another girl and would tell me about her. Sad... but it only took a few months for him to realize I was the one for him!

2- How long did you date before you were married? Well, this is kind of a tricky question for us. We started dating on October 22, 2002 which was during our senior year of high school. But when we graduated from high school I went off to BYU and he stayed in Brigham City to work. We didn’t break up when I moved, but we had some rocky times and broke up for a few days here and there a couple of times. But, we worked everything out and when I came home for the summer we had a lot of fun until he left for his mission on August 18, 2004. He was gone for two years (obviously). I didn’t want to "wait" for him so I dated a couple of people while he was gone. I had one pretty serious boyfriend during that time, but dating him made me realize how much I really loved Travis and wanted to marry him. So, when he came home on August 22, 2006 we immediately picked up where we left off and were married in January of 2007. So... we knew each other for over 4 years when we got married, but we didn’t date that whole time due to college, his mission, etc.

3- How long have you been married for? 1 year and 7 months.

4- What does he do that surprises you? Hmmm... this is kind of a hard one. Let’s see, one of the first surprises after we got married occurred the first night we were in our apartment. We had boxes everywhere of all of our stuff because we couldn’t move in until the day we got married so we obviously didn’t get a whole lot done beforehand and we had opened all of our presents earlier that day. Anyway, he did not go to bed until everything was unpacked and put away and the pictures were hung on the wall. Seriously. I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to go to sleep and he was up unpacking and banging holes in the wall to hang pictures.

5- What's your favorite feature about him? Probably his eyes. He has really pretty green eyes and they change color quite often. I also love his hands. I don’t really know why. I guess because his hands are a sign of how hard he works. That sounds weird, I know.

6- What's your favorite quality about him? He is the hardest worker I know. He grew up in a home where hard work was expected of him. Since we got married he has been going to school and working. For the last few months he has been working from 5-4 and then goes to school from 5-10 over in Logan so he has really long days. I also love that he always does the dishes! What a sweetheart! I HATE doing the dishes so he does it for me.

7- Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? Baby, Babe, Hunz or Huney

8- What's his favorite color? Green or Orange or Camo

9- What's his favorite food? His mom’s sweet and sour chicken and pizza!

10-What is his favorite sport? Football and Basketball

11- Who said I love you first? Him. He told me the day after we graduated from high school. I think he waited until then because before we started dating I once told him I didn’t think you could fall in love in high school. I later changed my mind about that, but he waited until we were done with high school to tell me he loved me!

12- When and where was your first kiss? November 4, 2002 on my front porch!

13-What are your favorite things to do as a couple? Probably hike, camp and be outdoors.

14-Do you have kids? How many? Not yet, but we do want some in the future!

15- What's a hidden talent that he has? He actually has a really good voice. I love hearing him sing, but he rarely ever does! Especially if he knows he is being listened to. He is also a really good cook.

16- How old is he? 23. Yes, he is younger than me by 9 months.

17- What's his favorite type of music? He pretty much listens to anything except things he thinks are cheesy. He doesn’t like a lot of my girl music.

18- What do you admire most about him? His integrity. He is one of the most honest people I know. Also, he never gets mad at me. Even if I do something really stupid, he says, "Oh well," and forgets about it. I really need to work on that. Sometimes I think I nag at him way too much and get mad at him for little things he does way too much. Even if we disagree about something, the minute it gets a little bit heated he will stop and wait until later to finish the discussion. That’s a really good trait for my husband because I can get pretty heated and argue forever.

19-What's his favorite past time(s)? Hunting. I swear, it is getting to the point that there is always SOMETHING he could be hunting/fishing for. And if not, there is always scouting or researching for hunts coming up. I really can’t complain though because it keeps us physically active and gives us good food to eat! Since we have been married the only meat we have bought is turkey steak. Everything else comes from his hunting ability. It’s pretty sweet.

20- Do you think he is going to read this? Nope.

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Yay you did it! And I love that his favorite color is Camo..um hello, thats a pattern not a color..! j/k. And you should make him read this! I'd say you should make him do a wife tag, but maybe thats takin it a little too far..haha

Andrea said...

becca! your husband sounds like an awesome fella! of course he is since he was smart enough to marry you! :) how is everything going? did you read breaking dawn yet?

p.s. i'm glad you finally updated your blog!