Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update and a Tag

I thought I would give an update since my last depressing blog. First of all, we finally found out what Travis is charged with in regard to the elk and we were so, so blessed! The fish and game officer and the prosecutor were VERY merciful because they knew that what happened was an accident, so the only thing Trav gets is a charge of $217.00! Amazing since it could have been sooo much worse! Also, Travis's Aunt ended up dying soon after I posted my last blog and her funeral was a couple weeks ago. It was very sad and I am going to miss her a lot. At her funeral I kept thinking about why she was able to survive her first bout of cancer only to die a few weeks later and I decided that one of the reasons was so that I could get to know her because I had never gotten the chance to do so. I am grateful I got that chance. She really was a great lady.

On a brighter note, I got to take a whole week off of work to go deer hunting/camping. Cathy posted some pictures- if you haven't seen them you should go look at them. I got my first deer! Whoohoo! It is a tiny little one, so it's not much to brag about. But, the part I am proud of is I shot it perfectly so it didn't have to suffer and we have meat in our freezer again! That's always nice. And it was really nice to be able to take the week off and spend time with family and friends. I actually really enjoy it!

Lastly, I was tagged by Amy! This was actually kind of hard!

1) Where is your cell phone? Silent
2) Where is your significant other? Work
3) Your hair color? Bleh
4) Your mother? Work
5) Your father? Caramels
6) Your favorite thing? Trav
7) Your dream last night? Dreamless
8) Your dream/goal? Family
9) The room you're in? Office
10) Your hobby? Books
11) Your fear? Failure
12) Where do you want to be in six years? Mom
13) Where were you last night? Pumpkinwalk
14) What you're not? Tan
15) One of your wish-list items? Sewing
16) Wheree you grew up? Oregon
17) The last thing you did? Work
18) What are you wearing? Norm
19) Your tv? Home
20) Your pet? Labs
21) Your computer? Lame
22) Your mood? Meh
23) Missing someone? Travis
24) Your car? Messy
25) Something you're not wearing? Eyeliner
26) Favorite store? Lots!
27) Your summer? Hot
28) Love someone? Yep!
29) Your favorite color? Red
30) When is the last time you laughed? Now
31) Last time you cried? Funeral

3 comments:

Andrea said...

you shot a deer? that's amazing! way to go becca! i'm so glad things worked out so well with travis's thing! i'm sorry to hear about travis's aunt...that's good that you got to know her! aren't you glad we have the gospel and the knowledge that you will see her again? i'm glad you've been posting more lately! :)

Ashley and Zane said...

Becca! Hi this is your long lost roommate Ashley! I found your blog through Amy's, you can pretty much stalk anyone on the internet!! JK! i love blogs because you can get back in touch. Anyway, it is good to see you are doing well, and especially good that you married Travis! I always hoped you would! I can totally see you deer hunting and I am glad that Travis did not get banned. Check out my blog: ashleyandzane.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Becca! I love that you are the one that shot the deer! (Too bad Trav didn't have his gun or I'm positive you both would've shot one). I'm glad everything worked out and Trav can still hunt!